Clearmark recognises its responsibility as an ethical, modern company to safeguard the environment by increasing sustainability across our products, people and partnerships. Clearmark therefore issues this statement as a commitment to staff, suppliers, customers and the community that we will strive to reduce our impact on the local and global environment.
Sustainability is at the forefront of everything we do as a business and efforts will always be made to maximise sustainability and minimise waste. We have various initiatives to ensure that the workplace is as eco-friendly as possible and our staff are engaged and empowered to have a positive impact on the environment. This includes:
- Reducing energy output in our purposefully designed eco buildings; Apollo House has automated sensors for all lighting, and a strict ‘lights off’ policy is enforced in Olympic House, which also utilises air source heat pumps for heating and cooling meaning it does not use any gas facilities.
- Utilising technology to allocate field-based engineers based on real-time proximity, journey planning and stock availability to minimise emissions.
- Encouraging staff involvement in environmental issues, including companywide recycling initiatives including cardboard, clear plastics, coloured plastics, wood and shortly metal.
- Complying with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practise.
- Assessing the environmental impact of all historic, current and likely future operations.
- Reducing the use of all raw materials, energy & supplies.
Due to our own environmental credentials, we have a strong preference to work with eco-friendly, local suppliers and as such have joined the ‘Low Carbon Business’ Network.
We also recognise our wider responsibility to our customers and thus design all our printers to be as efficient as possible, minimising the waste and environmental impact of our customers. We build our ICE coders and labellers from recyclable materials where possible, deliver and install the machines in an environmental manner and then ensure the consumables are used as efficiently as possible by our customers to minimise waste. This is further supported by our Aftercare team which offers ongoing training to ensure that our products are used as efficiently and sustainably as possible.
The following innovations have improved ours and our customer’s sustainability:
- Continually engineered wear parts out of machinery, reducing maintenance and spare parts.
- Removed energy-intensive compressed air from the Hawk and Vulcan direct apply.
- Increased recyclability of our product components to over 75%.
- Added a print checking feature to the Zodiac Hawk nearly eliminating packaging waste due to coding errors.
- Supplemented our machines with several ribbon saving feature, including zero waste ribbon indexing and longer ribbon length for reduced core waste.
Clearmark takes its corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability extremely seriously and whilst we have already achieved a lot, we are always looking for ways in which we can improve ours and our customer’s environmental footprint.
For example we are looking to expand the use of our 3D printing technology to reduce stockholding, improve material efficiency and provide just in time capabilities, thus reducing potential waste. We are also consulting with customers to establish a recycling return deposit process/ scheme.
This is at the core of what we do as a company as we strive for excellence both in our products and our principles, recognising our responsibility to our customers and the environment.